Chicago Alexander Technique teacher Andrew McCann is offering small group Alexander Technique Classes for Musicians starting January 18 in Andersonville and January 19 in the Fine Arts Building, downtown. The classes are intended for college-age musicians and older. There is room for up to 4 participants per class.
These classes will help musicians to:
- become conscious of their movement and postural habits that may be hampering their playing.
- develop greater ease in posture, breath and voice.
- ground their instrumental technique in an understanding of whole body movement.
- stop the cycle of frustration, pain and injury.
- develop greater sense of poise and confidence as they prepare to perform.
Each session is 4 weeks long and the fee includes both the four 1.5 hour classes and one hour-long private lesson (scheduled separately in Andersonville). Violinists and violists will have an opportunity to experiment with their chin rest and shoulder rest set up.
To learn more and enroll in a class, visit: alexanderand.com/alexander-music-classes