Violinist and Alexander Technique teacher Andrew McCann is teaching introductory small group Alexander Technique classes for musicians in Andersonville in April and May.
The April classes run Wednesday mornings from 10:00 to 11:30, starting April 6. The May classes will run Tuesday mornings from 10:00 to 11:30, starting May 3. Each session is 4 weeks long and the fee includes both the four 1.5 hour classes and one hour-long private lesson (scheduled separately). There is room for up to 3 participants per session.
These classes will help musicians to:
- become conscious of their movement and postural habits that may be hampering their playing.
- develop greater ease in posture, breath and voice.
- ground their instrumental technique in an understanding of whole body movement.
- stop the cycle of frustration, pain and injury.
- develop greater sense of poise and confidence as they prepare to perform.
Andrew's Andersonville studio includes a piano. Classes are intended for participants college-age or older.
For more information and to sign up for the class online, visit: http://www.alexanderand.com/alexander-music-classes/