These group classes are an excellent way for musicians to get an introduction to how the Alexander Technique can help them and their playing.
Classes are very small: there is room for 3 participants per class. Small classes give students both individualized instruction and the opportunity to learn by observing each other.
These classes help you:
- become conscious of your movement and postural habits that may be hampering your playing.
- develop greater ease in posture, breath and voice.
- ground your instrumental technique in an understanding of whole body movement.
- stop the cycle of frustration, pain and injury.
- develop greater sense of poise and confidence as you prepare to perform.
DETAILS FOR THE FALL, 2016
The fall session is 8 weeks long and the fee includes eight 1.5 hour classes and two complimentary hour-long private lesson (scheduled separately). Violinists and violists will have an opportunity to experiment with their chin rest and shoulder rest set up.
Classes are intended for students college-age and older.
Fall 2016 classes are schedule on Monday evenings from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM. The dates are: Oct. 10, Oct. 17, Oct. 24, Oct. 31, Nov. 7, Nov. 14, Nov. 28, and Dec. 5 (no class the week of Thanksgiving break).
To a book class, visit: www.alexanderand.com/alexander-music-classes/
Questions? Email Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org.